POTN successor forum

The old "photography-on-the.net" (POTN) forum was deleted in December 2023. What you see here is a new forum. This is the life raft for all POTN members. For free.

Help to keep the POTN community together. Register and tell your friends of the old POTN about us!

Max image size and resolution on potnforum?

What was it at POTN? In KB and in Pixel per side?

At the moment it is here at 2MB file size and max 1600 pixel width.

At potn it was 1600 pixels on the longest side. Don't know KB limit.

I found it for potnforum:

Attention: The upload limit restrictions in kb und pixel size on the longest side my vary over the time.

At the moment there is a file size maximum of 10 MB. BUT the software will automatically resize/compress the image to 1600 pixel on the longest side. It will use lossy compression.

My advise: If you want to have the best image quality, resize the image in your favourite image editing software to smaller than the value where the "resize" function kicks in (atm 1600 pixel) and save with highest level (JPEG lossless). If you want to have larger than 1600 pixel, upload to flickr et alii and link here.

At potn it was 1600 pixels on the longest side. Don't know KB limit.

I found it for potnforum:

Attention: The upload limit restrictions in kb und pixel size on the longest side my vary over the time.

At the moment there is a file size maximum of 10 MB. BUT the software will automatically resize/compress the image to 1600 pixel on the longest side. It will use lossy compression.

My advise: If you want to have the best image quality, resize the image in your favourite image editing software to smaller than the value where the "resize" function kicks in (atm 1600 pixel) and save with highest level (JPEG lossless). If you want to have larger than 1600 pixel, upload to flickr et alii and link here.

That is an old setting. We do not have that anymore. I copied the text from another of my forums. I have to change that here. At the moment it is 1600 pixel and 2MB.

yeah, thats over my head...

Back