POTN successor forum

The old "photography-on-the.net" (POTN) forum was deleted in December 2023. What you see here is a new forum. This is the life raft for all POTN members. For free.

Help to keep the POTN community together. Register and tell your friends of the old POTN about us!

ill be the guinea pig

It is always good to test things to be able to form your own opinion. Z04 Bier01

Such a shame POTN is leaving us. I did a lot there. It's been a great place to hang out and talk photography. But, alas, all good things must come to an end.

Such a shame POTN is leaving us. I did a lot there. It's been a great place to hang out and talk photography. But, alas, all good things must come to an end.

I just checked the website of the POTN and it is closed already!!!

Why this?

The owner said a few weeks ago he will keep it alive until April 2024?

Does anybody knows anything? Please explain.

I just checked the website of the POTN and it is closed already!!!

Why this?

The owner said a few weeks ago he will keep it alive until April 2024?

Does anybody knows anything? Please explain.
Pekka announced to close on 12-31 but a redirect page would be available through February. I never read April. Dirk, many couldn't get past the use of POTN in the name of this forum.

Dirk, many couldn't get past the use of POTN in the name of this forum.
I do not believe this story.

I think a few tried to make a big thing out of a triviality like a interims name to follow their own agenda.

The name was and is perfect to be remembered at the beginning. What happens afterdwards with a name is always up to the discussion of the community and can be changed in seconds.

Then they should have rather get involved here, discuss it with us and vote for a different name.

But the way I was treated there from the first second, with insults and to ban me within minutes so I can not explain my offer and without even trying to ask me or to use this opportunity in a positive way shows clearly the agenda of specific people. ;)

It seems this behaviour is common nowadays. Shoot first and ask later. Make a big deal in social media very emotionally about something without knowing facts or whether it is right or wrong, to fall on somebodies tricks but never see the hidden agenda of that person.

I do not believe this story.

I think a few tried to make a big thing out of a triviality like a interims name to follow their own agenda.

The name was and is perfect to be remembered at the beginning. What happens afterdwards with a name is always up to the discussion of the community and can be changed in seconds.

Then they should have rather get involved here, discuss it with us and vote for a different name.

But the way I was treated there from the first second, with insults and to ban me within minutes so I can not explain my offer and without even trying to ask me or to use this opportunity in a positive way shows clearly the agenda of specific people. ;)

It seems this behaviour is common nowadays. Shoot first and ask later. Make a big deal in social media very emotionally about something without knowing facts or whether it is right or wrong, to fall on somebodies tricks but never see the hidden agenda of that person.
I'm simply relaying what I heard from folks. I saw how you were treated and didn't expect to see that from those I saw involved. Maybe given time, more will come here.

Back