POTN successor forum

The old "photography-on-the.net" (POTN) forum was deleted in December 2023. What you see here is a new forum. This is the life raft for all POTN members. For free.

Help to keep the POTN community together. Register and tell your friends of the old POTN about us!

Announcement Happy new year 2024 & what happened?

dirk

Founder of POTNF
Administrator
Dear members,

first I want to wish you, your family and your friends a happy new year 2024!

2023 was a very weird year for all POTN members. We are very small and new as a rescue forum for all old POTN members. It started in a strange way, continued in a strange way and ended in a strange way.

The year 2023 was also a little bit chaotic because several photo sites announced that they will close. First DPreview. Probably the biggest photosite worldwide, owned by Amazon. They announced that they will delete the whole site incl. the forum in April 23. We created a rescue forum for the DPreview community (DPRforum.com), but Amazon changed its mind later on and sold DPReview to an unknown marketing agency.

Whether the forum of DPReview will stay alive long term noone knows. The new owner does not have any experience with running forums and it seems the whole interest is only on tests/reviews they can sell. Does not matter for us, because our life raft forum DPRforum.com is alive and kicking :)

At around the same time in 2023 the next victim was Imaging Resource. They closed without any notice just like that. From one day to the other. Noone could prepare, noone knew something beforehand.

In Autumn 2023 the next victim is the forum "photography on the net" (POTN) as you all know. The owner announced, that he will delete his forum in 2024 too. I already offered my help and launched this life raft forum for all POTN members (POTNforum.com), in case the users want to have it. But POTN was closed earlier than announced. Already on 31.12.2023, which is a shame since the members can not contact each other anymore.

What the heck happened over the last 2 months at POTN? Does anybody know?

If some of you know the details, please post in the forum. I wish there would be more transparency here.

I want to say thank you to all of you, who became already member here and support this rescue forum and recommending us to others.

This new POTNforum.com will stay open for all of you. Do not worry. I stick to my promises. Spread the news among all your POTN friends. Join us and help to make this a new home for all POTN members in 2024. Z04 Bier01

Although the POTN closing is very sad, I wish you all a happy new year 2024! Z04 Smilie Geschenke

Just remember: It can only get better ;)

Last edited:
Back