POTN successor forum

The old "photography-on-the.net" (POTN) forum was deleted in December 2023. What you see here is a new forum. This is the life raft for all POTN members. For free.

Help to keep the POTN community together. Register and tell your friends of the old POTN about us!

Capture One and DxO PureRAW 3 - Playing with Panoramic Merge

griffljg

For many years my raw file converter / editor of choice has been Capture One Pro. However, from my point of view, it does have some shortcomings. -> Its noise reduction could do with a bit of improvement and it doesn't have lens correction / sharpening data for all the lenses which I use. For this, I use DxO PureRAW 3.

On Thursday I arranged to meet an old friend in the City for some drinks after work. As I usually do, I took the OM-1 with 12-100mm lens attached along with me. I got off the train at the South Brisbane Station and then walked across the Victoria Bridge towards the Queens Street Mall. It was a bright and sunny day and I thought that the view looking southwards from the western end of the Victoria Bridge looked like great potential for a bit of panoramic merging.

This is a four shot Panoramic Merge, with the four raw files being firstly passed through DxO PureRAW 3, before importing the resulting DNG files into Capture One Pro for further editing, including Panoramic Merging.

Back